One thing that captures the attention of any visitor is blood anywhere on the floor or upholstery. At the same time, it is the most difficult thing to clean. Especially, when it is dried.
Fortunately, there are ways on how to remove dried blood stains from upholstery. Here in this blog, we will discuss steps to eliminate blood spots from upholstered furniture.
Steps To Eliminate Old Blood Stains From Upholstery
There are two parts for removing the blood spot from the upholstery. Let us discuss one by one.
Part 1: Pre-treating the stains
- Upholstered furniture is made up of different fabrics. Therefore, treat the upholstery as per the fabric type. You can clean it with water- or solvent-based water.
- Brush away excess dried blood using a toothbrush. Gently scrub the area and loosen any dried blood. As a result, it makes the cleaning process easier. Then wipe the area with a clean cloth to remove flakes of dried blood.
- Rub area with a clean cloth that is poured in rubbing alcohol. Squeeze the clean cloth to remove excess liquid. Then dab the spot so that upholstery fabric soak the liquid.
- Blot the area to remove excess blood and liquid from your upholstery. Ensure to blot rather than a rub to avoid any kind of damage.
Part 2: Removing the bloodstain
Once you remove the excess dried blood flakes from the upholstery, it’s time to remove bloodstain.
- Apply DIY blood cleaner on the stain: 1 part baking soda mixed with 2 parts water or fresh lemon juice blended with a pinch of salt. Choose any of them.
- Blot the stained area with cleaner using the clean cloth. Then with the help of fresh cloth soak excess cleaner and humidified blood.
- Continue dabbing and blotting the stained area until the blood mark disappears.
- Wash the upholstery area with cold water. Then let it dry for at least 24 hours. For speedy drying, you can open the windows.
We hope you get your answer on how to remove dried blood stains from upholstery. For more upholstery cleaning tips or professional cleaning services, you can contact LCS Carpet Cleaning. Over the years, we are providing quality upholstery cleaning in San Diego and nearby areas. To get more details about our services, kindly call us at (619) 488-7434 or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.